Tobermory is a the largest Town on the Isle
of Mull. The large Ferry runs between Oban on the
mainland and Craignure on Mull, 21 miles south of
Tobermory. A small ferry runs between Tobermory
and the small village of Kilchoan on the
mainland, 52 miles west of Fort
The Mull Music Festival
normally takes place in late April.
Click on Map for area Attractions
Camping & Touring Parks in
The image top is looking over Tobermory
The second and third images are looking east
across to Tobermory Waterfront. The sun lights
up the south facing Colourful Buildings all day
with a High Tide the best time for Photos or
The Harbour Pier is in the centre of the
main street where a few Fishing Boats land
their Catches. There is a Fish Bar at the
Harbour popular for Fresh Cooked Fish.
The Clock Tower is at the Pier and small
sandy Beach next to the Tower.
By the Tower is the Mull Museum giving information
on the Island, Emigration, and Hunts for
Treasure believed to be on a sunken Spanish
Ship close to Tobermory.
The Mishnish Hotel
is at the far end of the Main Street with a
popular Bar / Diner and Entertainment some
A small Car / Passenger Ferry runs from
the Slip at the east end of the Main Street to
the small Village of Kilchoan on the
Mainland, 52 miles west of Fort William. The
Ferry crossing takes about 30 minutes.
offer Boat Trips from Tobermory to Staffa for
Fingal's Cave, and the Treshnish Isles to view
Puffins. More Boat Trips.
Distillery is at the west end of the Main
Street, with a Shop and Visitor Centre. The
Distillery opened in 1798.
The Mull Aquarium
is by the Distillery with a range of Sealife
from Local Waters that are Released and
Replaced every few months.
1588 - one of the Ships from the Spanish
Armada trying to flee back to Spain stopped off
at Tobermory to pick up Supplies. A dispute
with Locals led to the Ships Magazine being
ignited and Blowing the Ship to pieces. Some
people claim the Ship was carrying a vast
amount of Gold Bullion, others claim it was a
Troop Ship with No Valuables.
1780s - Tobermory grew around Fishing.
1798 - Tobermory Distillery began producing
1896 - Tobermory Golf Club was founded.
1940s - Tobermory was used as a Royal Navy
Training Base named HMS Western Isles. The Base
was commanded by Vice-Admiral Sir Gilbert
Stephenson, known as Terror of Tobermory.
2002 - 2005 - the Children's TV show
set at Tobermory. The Town still attracts many
Visitors wanting to view the Buildings from the
2015 - the Mull Aquarium was opened at the
west end of Tobermory Harbour.