Craignure is a small Village on the
east coast of the Isle of Mull where the
main Ferries between Oban and the Isle
of Mull dock. The largest town on the
Island, Tobermory, is 21 miles north,
and the Isle of Iona 35 miles west. The
Village is popular for its Cafe,
Restaurant, Golf, Eagle Watch,
Shieling Holiday Park, Torosay Castle
Gardens, and Duart Castle.
View a Click on Map for the Area
Attractions and Mountains.
The images top are from the Oban to Cragnure
Ferry named MV
Isle of Mull arriving at Craignure with the
crossing taking about 50 minutes.
The Village shops and diners are sitaued
along the main road overlooking the Ferry
Terminal and across the sea to Oban.
Craignure Inn is situated
Holidays is situated just south of
Craignure with views over the Village and Sea.
Sheiling offer Cottages, Touring Pitches and
is situated about one mile south of Craignure,
with its gardens open to the public some days
in summer. Torosay was built for John Campbell
Duart Castle is situated 3 miles
south of Craignure, open to the public in
Summer. This is a Clan MacLean castle built
from the 1200s.
Club is situated one and a half miles north
of Craignure, a 9 hole course right next to the
Watch is based at Craignure Golf Club,
popular for viewing White Tailed Eagles,
largest Eagles in Scotland.
1894 - the original Ferry Pier was built at
the south side of Craignure.
1964 - a new Pier was built for the larger
Car Ferries such as the Columba, Clansman,
Caledonia and Glen Sannox.
1983 - the Isle of Mull Narrow Gauge Railway
opened to run between Craignure and Torosay
Castle just over 1 miles south.
1988 - the Ferry named Isle of Mull entered
service bewteen Oban and Craignure, around
twice the size of the earlier ferries, capable
of carrying 70 cars and up to 960 passengers,
at 4,719 tons.
2011 - the Isle of Mull Railway stopped