The image top is of the War Memorial on the
east side of the Village.
The Star Hotel is on the
Main Street in the Village centre, ideal for
Drinks and Meals.
The Hayton Coulthard Haulage is at the
bottom of Kirk Brae, joint owned by the David
1700s - the first School is opened in the
Village at the top of Kirk Brae.
1818 - Twynholm Parish Church is completed
at the top of Kirk Brae and on Manse Road.
1911 - the new Primary School opened on the
site of the old school.
1973 - the A75 Bypass is completed reducing
Traffic through the Village.