The image top is looking north along Shore
Street with the Ferry to the Isle of Lewis in
The second image is of the Ferry Boat Inn on Shore Street
with a Restaurant. There are a number of Shops
and Cafes along this Street with views over the
The third image is of Quay Street by the
Harbour with a Saturday
Market, Book Shop, Captains Cabin gift
shop, Seaforth Bar
& Restaurant, and Caledonain
The Ferry Terminal
is in the centre of Ullapool where the Ferry
normaly runs two times per day between Ullapool
and Stornoway on the Isle of Lewis. The
crossings is 54 miles, taking two and a half
hours on the 8,680 ton MV Loch
Seaforth that entered service in 2015.
The MV Loch Seaforth is the largest Calmac
Ferry to date that can carry 700 passengers and
Boat Tours from the Harbour are available
Cruises, lasting around 2 hours 15 mins to
Loch Broom and the Summer Isles.
Charters offer Boat Trips, Sea Fishing, and
Diving around the Summer Isles.
Expeditions offer fast RIB trips around the
offer dive trips around Ullapool visiting huge
Caverns, spectacular Caves teeming with Fish,
The Ullapool Museum
is on West Argyle Street by the Caledonian
Hotel. The Museum covers the History of the
Area and helps with Genealogy Research.
Park is on the north side of the Town with
great views over Loch Broom. The Park has a
vast number of Pitches for Tents, Campers, and
Club is on the north side of the Town with
some holes next to Loch Broom. This 9 hole
Course is like a Links Course with amazing
views and a Cafe in the Clubhouse.
1700s - Ullapool was only a few houses.
1788 - a Herring Port designed by Thomas
Telford was built at Ullapool for the British
Fisheries Society, leading to the expansion of