St Andrews Museum is on Doubledykes Road, a
10 minute walk from the St Andrews
This Free Museum can be visited most of the
year. April to September: Mon-Sat 10:30am till
4.00pm. October to March: Wed-Sat 10:30am till
4.00pm. Postcode: KY16 9DP
Attractions List with Maps
Click On Map for area Attractions
Camping & Touring Parks in
The image top is of St Andrews Museum in
Kinburn House. The House is in a Park with a
Kinburn House was built in the 1850s for Dr
David Buddo who was a local from St Andrews
that had just retired from the Indian Medical
Service. He named the House after a Battle in
the Crimean War in the 1850s.
The House and Park were taken over by St
Andrews Town Council in 1920.
In 1991, the House was converted to serve as
the St Andrews Museum.
The Museum covers the history of St Andrews
from its early days when Pilgrims from all over
Scotland would travel to the huge St Andrews
Cathedral, largest Church in Scotland at that
Some Gruesome information covers locals of
St Andrews being Burned at the Stake for their
Religious Beliefs in the 1500s, and locals
Executed by Beheading in the 1600s with a Heavy
Axe with a short handle, said to be more
accurate than a long handle.
The Museum gives information on James McIntosh
Patrick ( 1907 to 1998) a Scottish Artist
born in Dundee with much of his work covering
the St Andrews and Dundee area.
The Museum also covers Golf at St Andrews,
how the Town Housing developed, Victorian Era,
Leisure, Transport, and how the two World Wars
affected the area.
A number of Polish Armed Forces were
stationed around St Andrews during WWII, with
many settling there after the War.