The image top is looking north along Leven
Promenade and Beach. There is a large Car Park
at the south side of the Beach, normally with a
The second image is of Festival Gardens mid
way along the Promenade. There are Monuments in
the Garden to commemorate the first Polish
independent Parachute Brigade that was formed
and trained in the Leven area. The main
Monument was unveiled in 1964, on the 20th
anniversary of the Battle of
Arnhem, that took place in September
The Skate Park is at the north end of the
Promenade, where there are Life Guards in
summer months at the north end of the
Leven Beach Holiday
Park overlooks the north end of the Beach.
The Holiday Park also has areas for Touring and
Leven Links Golf
Club is also at the north end of the
Promenade, founded in 1846.
Club is next to Leven Links, founded in
1891. This Course is now run by Fife Council,
so less expensive than Leven Links.
Pool and Leisure Centre is at the south end
of the Promenade, by the Bus Station and south
end of the High Street.
The High Street runs from Shorehead Square
at the Bus Station north, with the largest
stores being New Look and JD Sports.
Railway is situated on the west side of
Leven. There are a number of Open Days
throughout the year listed on the website.
Centre is to the south of Leven in the
Methil area. This is a Free Museum with a Cafe,
giving information on Local History.
1824 - the Haig Distillery
was opened on the west side of Leven at Cameron
Bridge. This Distillery grew to be the largest
Distillery in Scotland, now owned by
Diageo, producing about 30 million gallons of
Spirit per year. Popular brands over the years
include Haig, Cameron Brig, and Dimple. This
Distillery is now named Cameron Bridge, no
1800s mid - Deep Coal Mining began in Fife
extracting vast quantities of Coal at depths
around 1,500ft. The Wellesley Colliery was on
the south side of Leven at Buckhaven, employing
around 2,000 men.